Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fly away..

(Image from Google)
Aww..sadly just finished burying my first little wild critter since we've been here..a pretty little mourning dove found lying near the front of the house. Didn't appear injured or attacked by something. Wondering if it was the same little dove I saw sitting off by itself in one spot for quite a long time yesterday, feathers fluffed (not a good sign, it's not cold out), motionless. Poor little thing. I hate to see any critter die, I just love animals so much. Since I'd not yet established a good burial area yet for those in need, I chose a spot on the opposite side of our property from the well (a good thing, I guess), along the tree line. I know it won't be the last I put to rest while living here. Spread you wings towards heaven, little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...