Sunday, July 25, 2010

Trying my hand..

Made my first small batch of peach jam..the no-cook kind. Just followed simple directions on back of pkg of Ball brand fruit pectin. Real easy, and good. My eldest son gave me about 12 peaches from his tree so I thought I'd try my hand at freezer/refrigerator jam. After peeled, cut and mashed they only made three cups rather than four that the recipe called for, so I ended up with four jars rather than five. It called for 1 1/2 cups sugar, but I would have gagged at that much (not a big sweets person), so reduced it to just a little less than 1 cup and it worked great..that really let the flavor of peach come thru without the over-bearing sweetness of the sugar. Yum! I brought him and wife over a jar to sample and came home with a bunch more peaches! Maybe a cobbler or pie this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...