Friday, July 23, 2010

Steamy..


Whoo-wee! It's 4 pm and 101.3 freaking degrees out here with a heat index of 117 degrees (no doubt!)! Dang.. it's been consistently, brutally, hot and the high humidity adds to the misery. I headed outside this morning to give the poor young fruit trees a much needed drink, and by 8:30 a.m. it was already 91! I worked outside for four hours, getting some chores taken care of (I had to be nuts); then stripped out of my totally drenched clothes, showered, did a few chores inside, then in to town for some groceries/supplies. Back now and unloaded, I officially call it... It's "beer:30", as my sons like to say, whenever it's time to open a cold one. Sitting on front porch swing, sweating, but chilling out, and though not a big beer person, there's nothing like tossing back an ice cold brew when the temperature rises to help cool ya down!..ah, yeah.. starting my weekend right.! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...