Tuesday, July 6, 2010

'Round to it..

Propane guy came with his truck and pumped in some fuel. Hot dog. Last time we got some was in March, three months ago. Now that we're living here, we'll be able to gauge usage a little better; was sporadic when we'd come here in the evenings and weekends to do work on the house. I feel rich, like I do when I fill up my car's gas tank now and then! We got to talking about the weather. He told me, in his deep southern drawl, that he heard on the TV that if we don't have rain by end of this week, it's predicted it might be a spell before we get any more. I countered how I hated using all that well water to keep my new fruit trees going. I wondered if this was typical country folk talk, and smiled inside.

Finally made a dent this afternoon in unpacking boxes and putting stuff away in our bedroom, the only room that I hadn't made much headway with. I mean, we have clean linens, clean clothes and unders and furniture in place; all the other miscellaneous crapola had been put on the back burner. Feels good to have most of the boxes outta there and enjoying that new livable space! As I unpacked, I found myself still weeding unwanted stuff out, a good thing. So much STUFF. I did enjoy, tho, taking some time to read thru some love letters, look at some old photo's and miscellaneous items from days gone by. Had to remind myself to press on and save the rest for a rainy day! So much still to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...