Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

(My father's hands)
I didn't get to my computer yesterday, like I wanted, to wish Dad a happy birthday..83 years young!! I did get a card with a hand-written message in it off to him along with a little money gift and a long-distance phone call. One of my brothers, Chris, and his wife, Sharon, had just arrived to go out to dinner with him and Mom. They were just about to pour a little sippage to toast with when I called, so he called me back when ready to do so so I could be included. Poured myself a little shot of vodka, what I had on hand, and toasted him, with all my love; then on his count of three, we all yelled out our happy birthday's and tossed our shots back. A long distance birthday connection :) They were getting ready to leave for dinner shortly, so I didn't keep him long. About to give a call home in a minute here, and will find out how his dinner went, and get a little chat in with Mom, too. I so love this man, and what a wonderful man he is..I could write a book (and Mom equally as special!). I'm just so fortunate, and so blessed, all the way around. Happy Birthday, Dad, and many, many more..they don't come any better than you!!! I love you dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...