Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lichen It..

Just in from a 40 min. nature walk around the front of property and down the dirt road a bit..slow and purposeful, exploring and enjoying the nature all around me. It's a beautiful winter day, somewhat warm-ish, tho a bit blustery; sunny, but a few clouds dot the sky. Seems like a long time since I've been for a nice walk like that, tho not really. I came home with a few treasures that I'll dry (since the rain) and display as part of the decor somehow. I've always enjoyed a rustic, natural look to things.
My little collection consists of a large handful of sweet gum (tree) seeds, a cluster of pine cones still attached to the branch, and a few different branches with various fungi or lichen attached..always so interesting to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...