Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ice Storm Goeth

Tried to capture pic of ice droplets forming on tree branches
Well. we got some ice in the form of sleet which coated the trees and surface areas for a brief while (we even had a few icicles hanging from the roof!) and the roads were bad for a while, but it only lasted as long as the night..once the sun broke and temps rose it was just wet out there again. Such is the South, or for us in the south central area, it seems.

I love weather changes, I get charged with excitement by ominous cloud formations, or when the wind changes hinting at something brewing in the air, or by an electrifying light show in a thunderstorm. I'm a weather junkie..so I was naturally disappointed we didn't have the "event" they predicted. Just as well, as I always feel selfish if that expected high is fulfilled while knowing our children and others might need to drive on bad roads, or deal with problems related to the bad stuff. So I do these tiny little voices in my head of "I hope we do get (fill in the blanks)", but not too loud, as if a little wish is ok so if it comes to fruition it won't have much impact on others.

Oh well. Excuse me while I go check the weather channel for the next event...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...