Thursday, December 30, 2010

Broken Pond..

Don't know what to do with the little ornamental pond the previous owners built. There must be a leak in the liner, as every time I fill it, the water level drops and stops at the same level. I'll have to completely drain it and see if I can find the hole. But not now. Maybe once all the leaves have dropped. I just put a net across the top so it wouldn't fill with a foot of leaves (like when I first saw it last year). 
Previous owner said the pond is just a child's plastic pool with a liner over it. Can't find where they had any tubing to go to the waterfall, or electric to pump it, for that matter, yet rock is stacked for the falls. Hmmm. Then they surrounded it by rock, cementing the rock together, which will not make replacing the liner easy without being able to easily remove the cemented rock. It's not done well at all. I'd like to redo it so it looks more natural, one day, like the one I had to leave behind at our old place (I miss it!). But for now the two little frogs in there who found it call it home:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...