Thursday, December 30, 2010

There Go the Neighborhood?

It started again this afternoon. The beep, beep, beep, beep of heavy construction equipment. My heart sank, again! I wanted to shout, "Knock it off! Go home! Get lost! LEAVE!!" The angry expletives turned to simple pleads of "please, just go".

It began in mid November. The heavy machinery came, as did the flat bed trucks, ready to haul the fallen pine trees away that were felled on the wooded acreage directly across the dirt road from us. I lost count after 16 flat-bed, timber-laden loads lumbered down our dirt road. Nearly a weeks worth of machinery noise, 7 a.m.- 4 p.m., disturbing our country quite. And then, all was quiet again.

Several weeks have passed, and a new fear grips me..that now it's not just logging going on, but a clearing of land that may be happening. I want to believe perhaps a pond is being put in, or a new easier access drive. a  short-cut across their land to the dirt road that's happening. In reality, I sense perhaps a new home might be getting ready to be built. But worst case scenario would be a development of several new homes. Oh, how sad that would be. I will be heartbroken! I can't imagine having a lifelong dream of finally moving to the country, having only the woods and wildlife as our neighbors, shattered...the irony. I pray it's only my imagination getting the better of me. The new year ahead will prove what will come to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...