Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ho Ho Home

Wonderful first Christmas in our new home! Our four kids and their spouses/significant others and five of our six grand kids spent several hours here Christmas night, the last stop for them all of the day. We hunkered down in the LR and exchanged gifts, munched on a table full of heavy appetizers and sipped either wine, coolers, beer, punch or soda. The night even blessed us with snow flurries (!!), which was so special for several reasons: a) our location b) to happen near or on Xmas c) to have the whole family together in one place to actually witness and enjoy!

I will say, initially, it was an emotional first Christmas here. I was so missing our sweet kitty, Cooper, who passed in February and always made Christmas even more special with his presence.  I miss that boy so very much!
It was also hard opening the boxes of Christmas deco's, and feeling totally overwhelmed, flooded with 23 yr's of past memories in the old house, and feeling like nothing belonged here. I had a mini melt-down when I opened that first box and began to sort through all the Christmas decorations that always had their own special place in the old house. I had to stop; I went to the window to watch the feeding birds out back and just let the tears flow..much to grieve before I could embrace the new. It was needed and cathartic, and helped me gain perspective to move on and enjoy the rest of the holiday season, which turned out just great!
Yup. Sigh. Welcome ho, ho, home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...