Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wildlife Friends..

The turkeys from a few months ago are back..saw the rafter of 10, more grown since then. We always call out "turk alert!" to let each other know they're spotted and to come look. The little covey of bobwhite quail have been regular visitors, sometimes several times a day, to the seed I throw on the ground for the birds everyday..so cute! And a young doe had been stopping by to nibble the seed on the ground nearly every day, but haven't seen her for the past week or so. Hope she's okay. Nicknamed "Deary" by my sister, she has a scar on both shoulders, which always helped me identify that it was her. I've seen a few spotted fawns together across the road, and a mama and her yearling out front. I love it! I made a little chart, placed on the door inside a kitchen cabinet, where I notate which species I saw, how many, the date, time and location around the house..just for fun. Aaah..I love seeing the wildlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...